Sunday, October 25, 2009

Passing a milestone; thanks for reading

At risk of appearing to be a self-absorbed jerk, I wanted to recognize the 10,000th visit to this blog since its inception in the spring of this year.

I'm a little late in the acknowledging, but visitor No. 10,000 logged-on from Old Bethpage, N.Y., at about 12:03 p.m. on Saturday.

From those who read my very first post -- "At What Price, Greatness," my thoughts on the sale of Rachel Alexandra to Jess Jackson and Co., on May 7, 2009 -- through viewers of today's quick-hitter on Indian Blessing's defection being another blow to the '09 Breeders' Cup, I appreciate each and every person who has stopped by to read and enjoy, or argue with, my views on horse racing.

I don't have any intention of making a big deal out of other numeric milestones along the way. But 10,000 seemed an appropriate point at which to stop, take note, and give thanks where it's due -- to the people who actually choose to click a link or follow a bookmark and spend time reading whatever it is that I decided to write.

Every day, every post, every reader, I'm honored that you bothered.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Old Bethpage

    Why that's not too far from Amityville, Long Island.

    You would think that poster would have the good sense to wait for Halloween to strike at FFT. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think much of it, but I checked my own sitemeter.

    I'm up to: Total 9,950

    I really should be having a Jerry Seinfeld-like "surprise" at the checkout counter commercial. for poster 10k. But on the second thought maybe no. That 10k is probably going to be me stepping in at the wrong time. Oh well.

    Congrats on the 10k. You beat me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, including criticism and debate. But jerks and the vulgar will not be tolerated.

Thanks!